Re: [lro] 2.25 pushrods and milling heads etc.

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 10:00:59 EST

    Alan,
        Shorter or longer pushrods in these scenarios will affect rocker
    geometry. If you talk to Roland at ACR he would likely say that it wouldn't
    matter that much. However, if you talked to Mr. Turner there is some
    imminent engine failure due you in 10,000 miles.
        What it does is move the contact point on the rocker closer or farther
    away from the tip. Also, side loading becomes an issue with the related
    extra wear on the valvetrain. This is one of the reasons a high lift cam is
    less long lived than a standard one. For my money I would worry too much
    about it (though I have no real experience... just listened in on people who
    should know.)

    Kirk