RE: [lro] Camel Trophy Watch Spares

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 10:27:50 EST

    Since you got the watch off eBay, you may actually already be aware of this...

    The best CT stuff source is Graham Herbert, who operated the Land Rover Zone website...which unfortunately just recently ceased operations 12/31/02. If you go to landroverzone.com, you are presented with Graham's new site...adventuretrex.com...I believe the phone number and email address provided there are indeed Graham's.
    Graham has been a regular supporter and attending vendor at ROAV's MAR in recent years.
    Call or type...he's a great guy and should be able to direct you to his ebay site where he is disposing of his remaining Camel Trophy gear (perhaps where you got the watch in the first place!).
    Graham really has some unbelievable CT treasures...(other LROs may wish to get 'em before it's all gone).

    Be sure to tell him I said Hey, and referred you!

    John Tackley/ric

    Paul asked:
    My Christmas present to myself just arrive yesterday. A brand new Camel
    Trophy watch! :-) (from E-Bay)

    It has a leather strap which will eventually wear out (though it is much
    more robust that any other watch strap that I have seen), does anyone know
    of a website that stocks replacement CT watch straps? I know that these
    things have been out of production for a few years. When were the last ones
    made?