[lro] Rochester Linkage--Fixed

From: John M. Baker (jmbaker@bkk2.loxinfo.co.th)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 08:58:57 EST

    After I posted my message I gave it one more go and figured it out in the dark
    and with all the mosquitos biting me. Linkage works brilliantly. Took it out
    for a spin and it felt to me like I had a turbocharger on it or something. I
    was told that the Rochester would not have much of an effect on a 7:1 but it
    sures seems to on this one. Could the fact that it has .060 pistons have
    anything to do with that? Or perhaps the state of my previous Zenith was so
    bad that I am only now up to normal? There was a little bit of a miss at
    certain points so may need to rejet? It came with a 51 jet, I have heard that
    49 might be ideal for sea level, which I am one meter above. So far so good,
    getting the linkage straigtened out was satisfying.

    Regards,

    John
    Bangkok

    1975 SIII 109 2.25 Petrol