[lro] Rochester Questions

From: John M. Baker (jmbaker@bkk2.loxinfo.co.th)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 05:09:03 EST

    I finally dug out the 30.9 mm venturi Rochester and installed it on my Land
    Rover. Seems to run OK, but I wouldn't know how it runs when moving since I
    haven't figured out how to arrange the linkage yet. The problem is that the
    Rochester needs an upward tug whereas the Zenith needed a downwards. I have
    read that the Bell crank gizmo needs to be turned around and a tab bent, but I
    haven't been able to wrap my feeble mind around that yet despite some
    fiddling. Of course its dark here now.... Anybody have a picture, or some
    really, really clear step-by-steps? Any advice much appreciated.

    Also, when installing I kept the phenolic block because without it the studs
    are too long. I removed the circular metal insert since I reckoned the
    protruding lip might interfere with the little hole at the base of the
    Rochester. Is that right, or should that be kept? I am referring to what looks
    like about a one-inch length of pipe with thin lip on one end that protrudes
    over the phenolic block.

    Regards,

    John

    Bangkok