Re: [lro] Painting with DuPont

From: Richard Joltes (djoltes@attglobal.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 13:30:34 EST

    These prices are not at all surprising...auto paint is pricy. I put
    nearly $400 US into the high-end epoxy primer and PPG paint/hardener/
    reducer I used in Smudger's restoration last summer. And this was
    after spending about $100 on Tal-Strip aircraft paint stripper, gloves,
    respirator, 3M abrasive wheels, and so forth.

    A full strip-and-respray is a lot of work, but oh how nice it all looks
    when it's done...

    dj
    1974 SIII Airportable, 'Smudger'