Re: [lro] Re: Pictures of MY new truck

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 12:27:20 EST

    The sticker thing is the same mentality that have
    people wearing grossly over priced 't' shirts
    emblazoned with 'CK' or 'DKNY' and such. It's an
    attempt to intimidate people with their ability to
    blow money on material goods. Even though spending
    that kind of money for those goods has stupid stamped
    all over it. Why deface your goods to give free
    advertising to someone??

    Interesting that someone brought up Ferrari going to a
    plain car as acknowledgement of 9/11. Go back a few
    years and look at pictures of Formual One Cars. There
    is not a sticker to be seen. In a lot of cases you'd
    be hard pressed to even know who the manufacturer was.
     You could tell the country of origin by the car
    color, green for England, Red for Italy, Silver for
    Germany, etc. but that was it. Looks like motor
    racing has gone the way of NASCAR. A real shame as
    most of these cars can actually turn RIGHT and left.

    Personally, a bumper sticker or some humurous phrase
    that says something that I want said or about me as an
    owner is enough. Haven't even gone that far on my
    trucks, though. Maybe a Scot flag or a Union Jack so
    the Rover doesn't get mistaken for a vehicle from the
    land of the rising sun but can't see any more than
    that. Now if someone was paying me to put a sticker
    on my truck, that's a different story. Might even go
    so far as to put the tops back on the trucks so I'd
    have windows to put the stickers on.

    Stickerless in Kona
    Peter O.

    http://mailplus.yahoo.com