RE: [lro] Shope Vacs

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 08:20:34 EST

    It's worth shopping around for a quieter model. Of the three we
    have, one is loud enough for hearing protection if it were ever used
    for more than a couple minutes at a time. The others are about as
    loud as a normal vacuum. I

    One other feature to look for is the ability to attach a hose to the
    outlet, so that it can be used as a blower. Very handy once in a
    while.

    Another option is to attach a muffler to the exhaust. I've done this on our
    central vac which is in the garage, with a marked reduction in noise
    pollution. A cheap glass pack straight through works fine.