[lro] Special Purpose tools: Re: Brake pad installation:

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 14:13:32 EST

    Y'know, spring tools and the like are all well and good,
    but I have a real problem dealing with "one-note Johnnys"
    in my toolbox.

    Sometimes a special-purpose tool is necessary - witness the
    splined head-bolt socket needed to do a head job on a Pinto
    {shudder}. Personally, though, i consider things like that
    monuments to bad design. If I can't fix it with a
    well-equipped toolbox what did you do wrong designing it?

    French cars are notorious for this crap, as is American
    iron of late (helloooo, TORX!).

    Opinions?

              ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com