Re: [lro] Re: TD5 (no Series content)

From: MarkoNTL (marko.cosic@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 10:40:26 EST

    > Umm, how did they fix the timing belt problem? The only cure I know of is
    > to replace it altogether with gears and to my knowledge that never
    happened
    > at the factory.

    No, no problems with the other timing belt engines, but the 300Tdi, or some
    of them anyhow, actually had a design fault which caused early failure of
    the belt, new timing belt components (not jsut the belt) were needed. Other
    engines just replace the timing belts as per (or earlier than) service
    schedule; the Zeus gears cause more problems than they 'fix' (google search
    should turn up allsorts of little gems...)