Re: [lro] no juice

From: brian girasoli (fustogrande@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 14:56:31 EST

    Here's an update to my electrical problems:

    just tried using a multitester. The battery itself was
    fine, and the ground to it was also. We then tested
    the fuse box, and each of the two fuses tested
    allright. However when we tested the connection from
    the battery to the fuse box there was no power getting
    to it.

    I'm a little confused here, though. I don't have any
    electricity anywhere - brake lights, headlights, the
    horn, the heater, the starter, anything. But before I
    had taken apart everything for the frame-off last
    summer, I was able to turn on the heater, for example,
    without turning on the ignition. I can't do that now.
    I could also turn on the headlights without the
    ignition on, but they don't come on now.

    In the schematics I have, the negative cable (since my
    rover is positive grounded) connects directly to the
    solenoid, which in turn goes to the starter, voltage
    regulater, fuse box, et al. Could the solenoid be the
    problem? How can I check this? Also, does this mean
    the solenoid is the first point of power and if this
    is bad, then nothing else will work?

    Okay, I hope I haven't confused you too much. When it
    comes to electrics I'm not the sharpest knife in the
    drawer. If you need clarification just give me a
    holla.

    thanks!!
    -brian

    --- Patrick Parsons <patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com>