Re: [lro] no juice

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 15:35:24 EST

    > In the schematics I have, the negative cable (since my
    > rover is positive grounded) connects directly to the
    > solenoid, which in turn goes to the starter, voltage
    > regulater, fuse box, et al. Could the solenoid be the
    > problem? How can I check this? Also, does this mean
    > the solenoid is the first point of power and if this
    > is bad, then nothing else will work?

    No, the first point of contact is usually on the "hot" side
    of the solenoid. There's a wire you've not connected - it
    should go on the battery cable lug side of the solenoid.

    Dumb question - did you put the little brown wire on the
    wrong side of the solenoid? If you did, you'd get these
    exact symptoms - no juice to the car as the solenoid is
    open circuit unless energized (and you can't do that with
    no 12 volts).

    BTW - solenoid on a positive ground car? THought these all
    had the big pushbutton?

               ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com