Re: [lro] Fuel Filters and 2.25 Fuel pumps

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 13:29:50 EST

    You'll be fine with the 10 micron Racor. I had one on my 88
    but swapped it for the cheaper (and easier to store/replace)
    inline Wix G2's. If I feel the need for better filtration,
    I'll put it back on, but I've been doing OK so far with the
    in line. The Racor looks cool mounted to the bulkhead or
    fenderwell, which is nice.

    Bryan

    "Henry S." wrote:

    > Good morning,
    >
    > I am in the process of improving the fuel filtration
    on
    > my 2.25 petrol.
    > Right now my Weber 34ICH is fed through a part store splice
    > in style fuel
    > filter which are cheap and swap out easy. As my
    confidence
    > - and the state
    > of Eore's (Rovers name) disrepair - have improved over the
    > years I have often
    > had to obtain gas from more questionable sources -
    > unfiltered hand pumped
    > drums, gravity feed tanks etc. In the interest of the
    > engines longevity and
    > to cut down the number of strip and cleans I've had to
    > perform on the Weber I
    > have been looking into more serious filtration.
    >
    > In particular, I am looking at a Racor fuel filter with
    > aquabloc fuel and
    > water separators - any list members have experience with
    > these? They have
    > filters in both 10 micron and 2 micron - would 2 microns be
    > overkill? In
    > particular, the 110A model looks appropriate for the 2.25's
    > GPH draw
    > (approximately 10 GPH). The manufacturer indicates a 0.15
    > PSI drop as a
    > result of installing the filter. Is this going to cause a
    > problem with either
    > the fuel pump or the Rovers running characteristics?
    Thanks