[lro] Fuel Filters and 2.25 Fuel pumps

From: Henry S. (eore74@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 11:05:49 EST

    Good morning,

         I am in the process of improving the fuel filtration on my 2.25 petrol.
    Right now my Weber 34ICH is fed through a part store splice in style fuel
    filter which are cheap and swap out easy. As my confidence - and the state
    of Eore's (Rovers name) disrepair - have improved over the years I have often
    had to obtain gas from more questionable sources - unfiltered hand pumped
    drums, gravity feed tanks etc. In the interest of the engines longevity and
    to cut down the number of strip and cleans I've had to perform on the Weber I
    have been looking into more serious filtration.

        In particular, I am looking at a Racor fuel filter with aquabloc fuel and
    water separators - any list members have experience with these? They have
    filters in both 10 micron and 2 micron - would 2 microns be overkill? In
    particular, the 110A model looks appropriate for the 2.25's GPH draw
    (approximately 10 GPH). The manufacturer indicates a 0.15 PSI drop as a
    result of installing the filter. Is this going to cause a problem with either
    the fuel pump or the Rovers running characteristics? Thanks in
    advance.......

    Henry
    '74 SWB Rover - Eore