Re: [lro] no juice

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 21:41:13 EST

    On 12/2/02 9:16 AM, "brian girasoli" <fustogrande@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > While I currently (no pun intended) don't have a
    > multitester at my immediate disposal, what are some
    > things to check?

    I once bought a spool of wire that was all insulator. No conductor within.
    While I know it isn't your malady, it was the last thing I checked.

    I returned most of it to the store who were incredulous to see it.

    The bit I kept with me was for April 1. ;-)

    You ought to be able to trace current with two scrap bits of wire from the
    old harness and any light bulb... You can even wrap one wire around a small
    sewing needle and probe by pricking, but only as a last resort as it will
    leave a tiny hole in the insulation that may lead to corrosion down the line
    (no pun intended, of course).

    --pat.