Re: [lro] Airplane buffs read this...

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:45:45 EST

    It's a servo actuator for an autopilot. Probably
    pushed/pulled on a control cable or lever attached to
    a control cable. Don't know what airplane it's off
    and may be hard to find out after all these years.
    One note of caution, lightest possible weight and
    obsessive servicing are the design parameters of
    almost every part on an airplane. Outer cylinder is
    probably magnesium alloy and will be very prone to
    corrosion. If you can find out the operating
    specifications and are engineer enough to understand
    them, it might work for your needs, however.

    Aloha
    Peter O.

    --- Jean-Leon Morin <offroaddesign@softhome.net>