Re: [lro] Need a good title/bulkhead plates...

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 12:51:28 EST

    In the great state of Hawaii, they will not issue a
    title without the old VIN number. I've got a Rover
    that was donated to me and that I'm going to build up.
     Unfortunately, the truck 'id' plate is missing and
    front horn nearly so, so there is no vin number. Have
    the old license plates but the County doesn't keep
    track of plates back more than a couple of years.
    Typical DMV attitude, too F+++ing bad, we can't give
    you a title without a VIN number.

    My only choice is to use the title off another truck
    that I hauled to the wrecker a few years back.
    Typical bureaucratic BS. They just force you to break
    the law. Do what you have to do to get it back on the
    road. Sorry, you can't have my old title but I'm sure
    that you'll find one out there.

    Anyone have a 109 title floating around?? Been
    thinking of morphing a 110 into a 109.

    Aloha
    Peter O.