Re: [lro] Series IIA Brakes Saga

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 11:54:22 EST

    If the grease on the shoes was gear oil, you still
    haven't cured the problem that you first set out to
    fix. The oil leak is probably coming from a bad hub
    seal. Without replacing this seal and probably the
    distant piece as well, your brakes will soon be
    covered in oil again.

    If you keep at it, the frame over should be finished
    in a couple of years.

    Aloha
    Peter O.