Re: [lro] Series IIA Brakes Saga

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 12:31:20 EST

    John Cranfield is right. He told me this when I had exactly the symptoms you
    have. I had the springs between the shoes on a 67 Series IIa SWB and the brakes
    would fade, but hold if you pumped them. He said to go from a shoe to the peg
    on the backing plate. I did and it fixed the problem. The spring between the
    shoes will pull the shoes together and compress the slave so that it takes
    several pumps to get the shoes back out onto the drum. Once there, you can hold
    them. It is an easy fix. I hope that this is what you have because it took me
    half an hour to fix all four of mine and I did not even have to bleed again.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington