Re: [lro] Welding Galvanized Metal Safely

From: Peter Hope (phope@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 17:39:25 EST

    There is a product called galveeze or galvit, something like that, it's
    basically a stick of zinc. Any way it comes in a solid stick, about a foot
    long and 1/4" square. After welding up galv metal you heat up the area and
    the stick with a torch and cover the area. Gord'n showed me the stuff while
    working on a galved bulkhead. Works great. Have fond it in all my local
    welding suppliers.
    Pete