Re: [lro] wipers (was weatherstripping alternatives)

From: Stephen West-Fisher (steve@coastaldatasystems.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 08:42:32 EST

    Alan J. Richer wrote:
    > --- TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com> wrote:
    >

    >> A newly
    >>disassembled and
    >>lubed the dual motor considers it is going fast enough
    >>if the blade
    >>gets to the other side during the same day.
    >

    > Errrr....sorry, no. Not the case. If it's running that slow
    > a thorough examination of the grounds is likely in order,
    > or a check of the wires to the motors themselves. Lots of
    > folk don't ground the motors properly - the mount to the
    > windshield isn't really all that reliable a ground.

    I agree. Here in St. Pete we get very heavy rain during the rainy
    season. After disassembly and relube the wipers are fine during the
    downpours. While not up to the F-150 on high, I can see well enough to
    keep up (even pass in some instances) other traffic.

    --
    Stephen West-Fisher
    Coastal Data Systems