Re: [lro] wipers (was weatherstripping alternatives)

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 08:15:15 EST

    --- TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com> wrote:

    > A newly
    > disassembled and
    > lubed the dual motor considers it is going fast enough
    > if the blade
    > gets to the other side during the same day.

    Errrr....sorry, no. Not the case. If it's running that slow
    a thorough examination of the grounds is likely in order,
    or a check of the wires to the motors themselves. Lots of
    folk don't ground the motors properly - the mount to the
    windshield isn't really all that reliable a ground.

    Admittedly they could be faster in heavy rain, but I have
    never had a problem with the dual-motor system that
    couldn't be traced to worn-out consumables. And before you
    say it doesn't rain in New England think about it....we've
    had some lovely gully-washers the past few days.

    If you get the blade tension right and use good wiper
    blades the dual system works quite well. A lot of times
    folks decry the duals for bad performance when the issue is
    half-seized wiper arms and worn-out blades.

    I rmember coming through the Notch in Stowe in the remains
    of a hurricane a few years back in Mr. C. Halogen
    headlights on full bright, wipers going....it wasn't the
    windshield wipers that were a vision issue, but the flying
    debris. The wipers did their job...but the tree branches
    were another item.

     Set them up right and they will do the job.

                  ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://webhosting.yahoo.com