Re: [lro] wipers (was weatherstripping alternatives)

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 20:25:25 EST

    > How'd they do that? A mix of LHD and RHD motors?

    Many arms are handed of have a handed attachment to the blade assembly.
      Then it depends which you havee & how you set them up. A pair of
    different handed arms would let you have them both 'park' to the centre
    or the outside depending on which arm is on which motor.

    many double wiper systems with a small arch of travel are actually
    slipping during part of their rotation.

    Single wiper motor systems rely on the diameter of the disk that
    rotates on the spring that goes back an fourth. There are a couple
    different diameters available for different car needs. So you can tune
    your wiper movement to your car's needs buy changing shafts.

    > Tom Proctor

    TeriAnn Wakeman If you send me direct mail, please
    Santa Cruz, California start the subject line with TW -
    twakeman@cruzers.com I will be sure to read the message

    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    "How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
    Amelia Earhart 1898-1937