[lro] wipers (was weatherstripping alternatives)

From: Tom Proctor (t_proctor@daido.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 17:04:22 EST

    David Scheidt wrote:

    > If the wiper arms have slipped on the shaft (mine
    > do on a regular basis), it can look like it's sweeping
    > less as the cleaned area moves off the windscreen.

    I adjusted the positioning of the wiper sweep as you described Dave. It
    makes a big difference. I've also used RainX on wiper crippled vehicles
    with great results. Having attempted to drive in a heavy rain, I should
    use it on the 109 too.

    Something I've always wondered about - the wiper *park* location. My 67
    IIa has the independent motors equipped with the manual lever. Both
    wipers *park*, leaning to the drivers side (LHD). I've seen pictures of
    LR's with both wipers parked, but leaning inward toward the center
    windscreen post. How'd they do that? A mix of LHD and RHD motors?

    Tom Proctor