RE: [lro] wipers

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 20:23:16 EST

    On the later (not nec. "late") IIA's and III's, with negative earth, LRs use
    a single motor to drive both wipers. There are two identical Wheelboxes
    that drive the wiper arms. A flexible drive cable is alternately pushed and
    pulled by the wiper motor. The Wheelboxes are installed 180 degrees off
    (that is, one is upside down, relative to the other). They are both driven
    by the same flexible drive cable, such that they move in opposite directions
    when the flexible cable moves. The flexibility of the flexible drive cable
    allows the mounting of the wheelboxes in different orientations, but with
    shafts at the same vertical alignment.

    Does that make sense? Hope so..

    Todd Schlemmer
    Vashon Is. WA