Re: [lro] Inlet manifold tweaking

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 12:52:41 EST

    When I did mine, used rotary grinding stones to smooth
    the passages and remove material to ease the flow of
    the mixture, also matched the ports to the manifold
    which were off by a bit in a couple of cases. Also
    removed a little material around the inlet valve stem
    to free up the flow. Be careful when working around
    the valve seating surface. A couple of slips and I
    had to do a valve job to remove the 'oops' marks.
    Grinding work best done before the head is machined
    and valve job done.

    The manifold surface after this was free of ridges,
    etc. but not polished. A polished surface is too slick
    and does not add to the turbulence which aids the
    mixing of the fuel and air. Smooth is okay, polished
    is not.

    Aloha
    Peter O.