Re: [lro] weatherstripping alternatives

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 12:32:50 EST

    I bought self adhesive foam tape 1/2" by ??(maybe
    3/8") deep. Goes on as slick as slug snot. On some
    areas, I had to double up the thickness to fill up the
    gap but you can mix and match at ease. Can't remember
    how much it was but seem to remember under $20 for
    enough to do 2 doors and door tops. It's been on for
    over a year now and is holding up very well.

    I used the the glue on stuff from AB before. The
    pattern of there stuff is very near to the original.
    Used 3M trim adhesive but it didn't hold all that
    well. Unfortunately, On the windshield frame, it
    got pushed out of shape by the way the door top hit
    it, became deformed, and kept pulling free. Maybe if
    I'd spent a couple of months training it, it would
    have worked out but who has the time. The stripping
    also pulled away at places where it made bends. Kept
    regluing it but it wouldn't stay attached. Worked
    okay but looked funky.

    Aloha
    Peter O.