Re: [lro] T-case output shaft removal

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 09:08:59 EST

    Jim,
        The only snap ring I found was on the outside of the reduction box. I
    suppose one could say it was inside the front output housing, but that was
    removed prior to my fiddling. And I did take the snap ring out. The rear
    bearing cup came out. There isn't enough room with one cup out to either
    take the bearings off the shaft or remove the shaft completely. I may be
    completely calm now but I don't have time to work on it. It likely won't be
    until this weekend.
        I am curious, is there a chance we are talking about different things?
    One of these boxes is from a Series I, the other is from an early SII. Are
    they the same as later ones (other than the gearing and intermediate shaft?

    Kirk