Re: [lro] tranny woes 2

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 07:40:33 EST

    --- Michael Samuels <msamuelsmd@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >20 hours which
    > is 1400

    20 hours?!?!?! If the have any clue at all that's 2X+ too
    high.

    Hell, at home I can do a g'box in a day ALONE, with only an
    engine lift for assistance.

    >clutch kit 240

    In what universe? At RN prices maybe, but if they're buying
    OEM parts (and they likely are) then this is a serious
    markup.

    AB sells the whole kit for 159 for a IIa - and they're
    usually not the cheapest though they definitely have the
    best customer service. Can we say 40% markup?

    THis whole thing smells dramatically of "the guy will pay
    because he's out of town" syndrome.

    Heck, considering the quoted costs if you have a used g'box
    it would be worth shipping it out there and catching a
    plane with a toolkit. Wouldn't take you a weekend - and
    you'd have time for a visit.

              aj"20 HOURS?!?!?"r

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
    http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/