Re: LRO: RE: Series driver height.

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 15:30:15 EDT

    --- TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com> wrote:

    > The one problem with the Defender seats is that the higher seat rails
    >
    > translate into a higher cushion location and a higher head height in
    > relation to the top of the windscreen. That is why the nineties and
    > one
    > tens have a taller windscreen than the series rigs.

    well, my defender seats are kinda worn out, I don't notice much
    differnece, i always had trouble seeing traffic lights anyway. but with
    4-6" more leg room, I can comfortably slouch down. i haven't noticed
    any great overriding inconvenience caused by the defender seats. in
    fact i would say they arre one of the most useflu things I've added to
    any of my vehicles ever, and one of the best bargains too.

    I can measure the difference in height when i get home today.

    my defender seats did not come with the sliding rails and i had to find
    them used somewhere. i looked at the various pieces, and they woujldn't
    work together without some serious modification. there are molded
    palstic bits that hold the defender seat cushion in place that would be
    hard to make up yourself, and that would difficult to imitatte in a
    differnet material. but all power to you if you want to try.

    also, fwiw, i think the defender bottom seat cushion is thinner than
    the series item. series seats are about 5 or 6 inches thick, and the
    90/110 seat is probably 3 or 4 in the center of the bottt depression.
    but the seat is of a more modern construction so they remain
    comfortable despite their low-profileness.

    there, i feel like I have written the book on LR seating...

    dave