Re: LRO: Leaf vs coil attitude, you guys have it made

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 10:06:06 EDT

    Andy {lastnameuntypable} said:

    In the US, Land Rover is
    extremely supportive of the entire family of trucks, form Series I to the
    2002
    models. History and purpose drive your advertising. The relationship
    between old
    and new is wallowed in. LR supports the magazines, events, etc. A new
    customer
    walking into the showroom will leave with a certain knowledge level
    concerning
    Land Rover roots. It's all part of the mystique.

    Where are you and where can I find this dealer?

    I have never been to a land-=Rover dealer that wanted to acknowledge the
    fact that their toys and mine came out of the same factory. LR Motors West
    and the other in Peabody may sponsor things, but if a Series owner ever
    got invited to any ofhtem it was because he also owned a Range Rover. I
    know, I was the sod with the Rangie.

    They may show them in their ads, but as far as parts stock, technical
    support or even service the answer is a resounding NO.

    In the USA, the corporation that is LRNA started out as Range Rover North
    America when the RR was first to be brought in - there is no connectivity
    to the original LR organization and they want to keep it that way.

                        ajr