LRO: Guinness (was Acetone and Rain-X)

From: Kirk Hillman (kdhillma@telusplanet.net)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 10:36:26 EDT

    Okay, all ye Brits. I have a very serious question to ask. Last night
    while out for dinner a friend ordered a Guinness... but only if this
    establishment served them cold. My friend understands that the proper way
    to drink this fine ale (in Britain) is cold, contrary to what we understand
    you drink most of your beer. I thought you drank it warm. So what's the
    real scoop?
        LR content? When I took this friend and another out in the 88" for the
    first time, we had just returned from a nice camping trip. We were still in
    the mood for fun so we hopped in the rover and I played up and down on the
    treed hillsides of the farm. They were drinking Guinness at the time (I
    don't drink when I drive, ride or otherwise operate any kind of equipment.)
    It's probably a good thing they were drinking too, I am quite sure at least
    one of them would have soiled his shorts if they hadn't. I was out walking
    the other day and looked at some of the places we went. I am clinically
    insane! One hill we traversed down at a 45 degree angle... and the
    inclinometer reads 45 degrees. The rover felt stable too (to me at least
    ;-)

    Kirk