LRO: Re: Guinness (was Acetone and Rain-X)

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 18:54:41 EDT

    Well, I'm not a Brit, but I play one about once a year - slogging my way
    around the place looking for Neolithic sites.
    First, take your tongue, place it between your teeth and bite it. Guinness
    is *Irish*
    If you wanna piss off an Irishman, confuse him with an Englishman (double
    for Scots, and at your mortal peril with a Welshman, although the two are
    technically "Brits" - not the Dubliners who brew Guinness though. No way no
    how).

    Next, warm wouldn't be acurate, really. Purveyors of REAL beer on tap keep
    it in cellar, and it doesn't get too hot or cold in the UK, so that keeps it
    at a pretty nice 50 degrees or so - pretty much year round. Room
    temperature, and the room is naturally cool...
    The rule of thumb is:
    Lagers - cold
    Stouts and Porters - coolish
    Ales - 50-55 degrees F.
    Although I like 'em all in the 45-50 degree range. Makes it easier.
    Best rule is to drink it the way you like it and tell the other folks to
    piss off if they give you any grief.

    Cheersh matesh (*hic*),
    Alex Maiolo
    Chapel Hill NC