LRO: British Beer

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 11:31:07 EDT

    We do not drink it cold, and we do not drink it warm either, we drink it the
    temperature that it comes up from the cellar from it's keg to the tap. Pub
    cellars are cold dank places full of pipes, barrels, crates, tools cobwebs and
    Series I Landrover parts. The weather normally will not affect the temperature
    down there in the pit. The weather outside is normally between freezing and 75 F
    depending on season, so there is no need for the forehead numbing chilling of
    beer that goes on here in the USA. We drink it at ambient cellar temperature,
    which, to be honest, is a bit nippy, to say the least. Right Lads!!! Let's get
    in another round before last call. "so where was I? Yes, it was in Low 4 with
    the hubs in and I had it hanging over the edge and a wheel was spinning etc etc
    etc etc."
    Ding Ding. Right you lot, out, I'll not be telling you again!!
    Bloody hell, time for a curry already!