LRO: Re: Guinness (was Acetone and Rain-X)

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 16:34:29 EDT

    Kirk,
    It's all in the misunderstanding. We always thought we drank cold beer 'till
    you lot started coming over here and told us it was warm...
     Nowadays lots of Brits insist on having bottles/cans etc off the cold shelf
    or even from the fridge. This is, of course, trendy copying of you lot and
    totally unnecessary except on the really hot days we get in this
    country.That's about five days in a year (in a really good year).
     We have a saying, there is no such thing as bad beer, just that some beers
    are better than others (unless you are talking about Stones' Bitter -
    yeeech)
     BTW - Guinnes is Irish, not British (but no worse for that, still nectar)
     We were once on our way to Dublin where I told my son he'd get a 'real'
    pint of Guinness. He, a 'seasoned' drinker who'd seen and tasted it all went
    'Oh, yeah, sure' humouring the old man.
     Sat down in McDonnels and got ourselves a pint. He took a taste and
    enlightenment dawned...
    You have NOT tasted Guinness until you've tasted it in Dublin. Trust me...
    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW