Re: LRO: RE: Frame bushings

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 03:50:52 EDT

    OMC and I am sure others make a ball joint press. This is a heavy duty
    C-clamp with different sized plates and press fittings. I took a new
    bushing and was lucky enough to find a piece of metal very close to this
    diameter. A buddy turned it down a bit in his lathe. Use this to remove
    and install bushings, works great.
    With out this addapter, the ball joint press will remove the inner steel and
    rubber portion in a couple of seconds. Can then use the sharp hacksaw or
    sawzall method of cutting the outer sleave. Hammer and punch removed these.
    Pete