LRO: Liftgate/Lid question...

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 09:54:15 EDT

    Anyone with a Liftgate/Lid + Tailgate setup on a Series...I just installed
    my first and only have one stay/prop rod. While you can still buy a new
    Lid, you can't buy many of the individual parts...so I either have to
    fabricate a new stay or change over to modern gas cylinders to support the
    Lid when open.

    Has anyone replaced the two rigid stays/prop rods with gas cylinders?
    If so, please respond off-list with lengths, p/n if known, installation
    tips, etc.

    TIA

    John Tackley
    Richmond, VA