Re: LRO: Liftgate/Lid question...

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 10:19:50 EDT

    John, just put together another prop rod. THe ones I've seen aren't much
    more than a piece of bent bar stock with a flat-metal flange on the end to
    attach to the liftgate prop mount.

    The thing I like about them and the different design I have on my '58 is
    that you can lock them in place with a bungie to take up the slack. This
    way, you can drive with the gate up if need be (think large loads in
    truck...). Can't do that with gas cylinders...

                   ajr