Re: LRO: Seal in Timing Cover

From: Peter Thorn (peter.thoren@sva.se)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 09:39:47 EDT

    01-05-21 13.29, skrev Garrick Olsen på gbolsen@hotmail.com följande:

    Rik,

    My timing chain broke two years ago (S3 2 1/4 diesel). When taking the cover
    off I could see that the pad actually had come loose and that the bolt
    holding it had got stuck in the crankshaft chainwheel with interesting
    results... I highly recommend you to use Loctite or similar when refitting
    everything.

    Peter

    Peter Thorén
    1996 Discovery Tdi ES