RE: LRO: Transmission Removal

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 17:04:19 EDT

    >Don't forget to make yourself a set of guide pins to put the tranny back in
    >on - it makes life a lot easier.

    Amen to that.

    Having just completed a clutch job (well, two of them but I don't think the
    Miata really applies here), I can answer the original question :) If you
    have a removeable crossmember, you'll be able to pull the tranny without
    removing the seat box. If possible, however, I'd try to avoid the experience.

    After the clutch job on my own truck, it's like a new vehicle. I hadn't
    realized it was slipping THAT badly...

    Keith Tanner