Re: LRO: Brake Drum Removal

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 16:25:17 EDT

    Aloha Colin:

    Unless you have some ersatz aftermarket drums, there ARE three flat head
    machine screws holding the drums to the hub. Look very closely, they may be
    hiding under rust and crud. If you don't see three chamfered holes for the
    machine screws, something is terribly amiss. The hole for the push off bolt
    is not chamfered, just a flush hole that's threaded and should be the fourth
    hole in the face of the drum.

    Aloha
    Peter Ogilvie
    Kona Coffee Rover
    1970 88 soft top, 'huli' Mine since '84 but recovering
         from exposure of the dark side.
    1966 109 pickup 'slime' In my garage since '90, finally running.
    1965 88 parts car, slowly sinking into the lava.
    196? 88 hard top, possibly 'phoenix' if it rises, it will
         certainly be from ashes or at least a pile of rust