LRO: Brake Shoes

From: Brian F. Waltman (bfw@cwm-inc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 16:05:49 EDT

    Hello all,

    I finally figured out why my brakes seem to be a bit slow in stopping me.
    The hub seal on one of the back wheels is going bad and the differential oil
    is leaking out into my drum. Makes it abit hard to stop in a real crunch!
    Anyway, I got a new seal in the mail the other day and will replace it this
    weekend. The question is, once I get the oil leak stopped, do I need to
    replace the brake shoes? I am assuming they are covered with oil. If so,
    will I need to get new ones?

    Yes, that's right, I'm still learning. The hard way in most cases.

    Thanks in advance,

    Brian Waltman
    '69 Series IIa 88"