LRO: Roll cages

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 12:43:30 EDT

    > Nice pictures of your East Range Adventure. Only problem is the pictures
    > don't show how scary it was. Amazing how hard it is to photograph
    reality.

    ain't that the truth

    > I need two full roll cages for 88's like yours that will take the place of
    > the hoops.

    Easy

    > For the 109, I would like a single roll bar that will go in the extra
    holes
    > at the front corners of the rear bed. 109's have the same hoop holes as
    the
    > 88 where the front top hoops go and another set slightly aft at the inside
    > corners of the rear bed. The official military roll bar goes in this
    second
    > set of pukas and has a reinforcing bracket that bolts in the bed to
    > reinforce the corner of the bed and add support to the bar.

    So just a single hoop? No legs?
    When Dave gets back from his current work trip we are going to make a full 3
    hoop cage for his 109. The forward most hoop will go in the second puka as
    you describe so that the stock softtop hoop and window suround can still be
    used. Also allows for a side to side bar, without interfering with the load
    area and provides mounts for the shoulderbelts.

    Tabs can be fitted to this bar to support a roof rack. The soft top will
    need to have a button hole cut and stiched in the same area. The 109 middle
    bar would be the same. The tabs on the rear bar go straight back, so no
    mods required for the tilt.

    We are building James bumper and push bar on Saturday. Will start bender
    yours then also. Because of the accident the tub on The Project is out of
    square, so can't use my cage as the template.
    For your 88's, i need the distance front to rear of the pukas on each side,
    and then side to side measurment for front and rear pukas, and finally
    corner to corner.
    | | then = and finally X. Take the measurements from the center of the
    pukas.
    Do you have soft tops on the 88's?
    Do you have the full window surounds and need mounting tabs on the front
    bar?
    Do you want tabs for the roof rack?
    I will be putting my tabs on this weekend and will let you know when the
    photos are up on the web.
    Pete