Re: LRO: Roll cages

From: Sjust1925@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 01:38:19 EDT

           Speaking of low speed rolls that's about all mine would be good for as
    well. I wanted something to mount the seat belts to and RN wasn't selling
    their 'MOD protection bars' at the time due to litigious reasons . .
    thankfully.( too much $)
           Anyway I found a 'bar' from at a local International Harvester parts
    dealer, for Forty Dollars. The bar is used in a Harvester to hold the Bimini
    top if I understood the guy correctly. To my amazement the width of the bar
    was exactly the same as the galvanized capping on the Rover. I welded nuts
    into the bar for the seat belts, had it dipped and then mounted it far enough
    back as to not interfere with the truck cab in the winter.
           Over all it works great for what i wanted (firm seat belt attachment)
    but it would hardly stand up to any severe test or roll over (I doubt the cab
    would far all that well either)
    Scott Just
    '68 109
    Rochester, MI.