Re: LRO: Re: A puzzler.

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 23:58:00 EDT

    >the generator needs to be properly polarized. I don't know how you do that
    >to the Lucas generator, but I' m sure someone does.

    According to TeriAnn's writeup on switching polarity, it seems to involve
    simply sparking the F terminal with the appropriate polarity. Seems easy
    enough. Even I can do that without asking lots of questions.

    Now what would be the result of running a truck that had an incorrectly
    polarized generator - out of curiousity.

    My coil seems to be hooked up with the ground attached to the CB pole,
    which indicates positive ground. I'm going to assume that's the case and
    carry on with converting it to (what I believe is) negative ground.

    Keith
    Keith's page de home:
        http://keith.miata.net