Re: LRO: RE: Cruiser overdrive in Rover (WAS: grim news)

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 12:47:41 EDT

    --- Andre Shoumatoff <ashoumat@zoo.uvm.edu> wrote:
    adapt the cruiser tranny
    > to the
    > Rover engine, then you have the stouter TLC tranny (which easily
    > handles V8s
    > of high magnitude), a stouter T-case,

    Stouter T-case my white honky ass..essment of this statement is that it
    is simply wrong. Why is there a billet aluminum case sold to replace
    the inherently weak cast one? Careful about these assumptions mate, I
    know there are differnet types of TLC transfer cases, but not all of
    them are so great. Of course most (hold the backlash please, I said
    most not all) series LR owners aren't doing the kind of rock crawling
    that could cause cracks in cases' casings.

    Say that 10 times fast, then go pat your Rover on the dashboard and say
    you are sorry for underestimating the strnegth of its transfer box,
    which may be its only really bulletproof drive train assmebly. On that
    note, any stories from folks who have proven otherwise?

    =====
    They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier.

    David Foster Wallace