Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 12:34:56 EDT

    >> Actually though, in my part of California a lot of people are using their
    >> turn signals.
    >
    >I don 't think they are pulling anyones leg. That is exactly what happens.
    >If you put on the signal so you can move over to the exit, people in that
    >lane speed up so you can't get over. SWMBO is from LA County and told me
    >before we went there on vacation, warned me about the drivers. In the past
    >couple years I have spent a number of times in LA and San Diego and it is
    >just as has been described here.

    Well, what you are seeing are the results of overpopulation and people so
    used to competing for fewer resources that courtesy is no longer a
    factor. Unless people slow our breeding rates down LA is a preview of
    what the rest of the world will look like before too long.

    But in my WAY less crowded part of California if you hit your turn signal
    and the person in the other lane sees it he/she will almost certainly
    back off to let you over.

    There is a lot of California North of the Tahapichi mountains. And once
    you get North of there and away from the SF Bay area, it can be a pretty
    nice place.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html