LRO: Re: Hybridized

From: Lonn Howard (hoops@owt.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 19:54:21 EDT

    > Yow....you must have a lot of fun going though aiprort security.... ;-)
    >
    > I guess they were somewhat on edge...the woman who went though immediately
    > before me had half a dozen visible piercings (ears, nose, lip...) The
    > hand-held detector 'found' quite a few others...

    It surprises me that the metal detectors in the airport would notice her
    jewelry. Most body jewelry is 316L or 316LVM implant grade surgical steel.
    I've flown many, many miles, nationally and internationally and never once
    did a metal detector even hiccup at my jewelry. And I wear 2ga in some
    piercings. I think it has something to do with ferrous and non-ferrous
    metals.

    Lonn