Re: LRO: fuel tanks

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 08:27:02 EDT

    > I know, I was concerned about not having plates under my tank too.
    > Someone said to remove a plate to be able to paint the tank. I have two
    > tanks, one each side and neither has anything under it except a lot of
    > dents and scratches. It must have been knocked off!!!
    Aloha Mark and Rich.
    Believe that was me. Seperate the plate from the tank, to paint and prevent
    future rust. You have the plate also, if you don't then the tank is only
    held in place by the inlet hose, or you have some custom after market jobby.
    The 'plate' is a 14-16 piece that gets welded to the bottom of the fuel
    tank, gets a few bends in her, and has the holes drilled in it to mount to
    the chassis.
    I definately is NOT a skid plate. It's more like a 'catch water and mud
    till the bottom of the tank rusts through' plate.
    Pete