LRO: Shuddering

From: G Spencer (graham_spens@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 08:59:31 EDT

    Well I fixed my zenith warp last night, makes a big difference, but now I
    have a new problem. While putting the truck back in the garage after a long
    "test" drive, the truck started shuttering while letting the clutch out in
    first. I put it in reverse, and I could hear metal banging in the engine
    compartment as I let the shuddering get worse to try to diagnose. It seems
    if I let the clutch out fast, there feels like some slight slippage, but if
    I east it out the truck starts bucking and shuddering. I'm at a loss, I
    don't know where to start trouble shooting. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated. Oh, it's a 95% 1970 Land Rover IIa (it has new sparking plugs,
    some rubber bits, and I have changed the various oils several times so it's
    not 100% :)

    Thanks,
    Graham
    70 IIa