LRO: Re: Hand cranking and engine swaps

From: Lonn & Rhonda (hoops@owt.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 00:44:35 EDT

    Compression is the bane of hand-cranking. I would have really liked
    to retain the ability to hand-crank my 109 after the conversion, but
    the reality is that it would take two strong men and a boy to crank my
    10.25:1 compression V8. (can you say "Fill 'er up with Premium"?)
    You gain some things, and lose others when you change engines.

    Sadly, one of the things I gave up with my engine swap was the smell
    of the Land Rover. I remember the first time I sat in it... it
    smelled so... military. It had the smell of oiled canvas and
    cosmoline and something you can't define. My dad said it reminded him
    of the smell of a WWII tank when he first smelled it. It reminded me
    of the smell of a submarine. It smelled like it was serious.

    Anyway!!!! Enough lamenting the loss of some old stink! My
    notta-Rover rocks!

    What was the question?

    Never mind...............